Jul 21 2015
Aug. 24, 2011 – The Startup Success Podcast Bob and Pat, who frequently cover start-ups at Web 2.0, talk with Sophia Bekele, Executive Director of DotConnectAfrica, an initiative to add .africa as a top level domain of the Internet.
“This is no mere technical discussion”, said Bob – “The stakes are high in this Internet land rush: who will control .africa and what will this mean for the continent’s .. Sophia gives us a rundown on why there should be a .africa, why .africa could become a powerhouse and funding source for African startups, and who are the players in the rarified politics of global Internet decision making”
– What is meant by controversial strings?
– Creating billion dollar industry to build a new market economy based on competition
– What does .africa mean for the US, why should we say Yes2dotAfrica?
– What happens to the money from .africa?
– Next software technologies in Africa
– Generation.africa being that glue to .africa
– Finally telling US audience to connect with Africa via PanAfrican Social Media Infrastructure that DCA has built re:afrca, .afrique, and .afriqya, to act as a gateway to news on Africa