Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy, is announcing a Seed Fund in Africa that will a small grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
The program is interested in learning about successful activities that are currently supporting women and girls in STEM, and through this effort, we identify how we might support scalability and their impacts.
The 2015 Seed Grant for the amount Five Thousand US dollars ($5,000) will assist the winning initiative to start or expand their capacity.
To apply, please follow the instructions in the link below and send an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the email: email@example.com
To apply for a Miss.Africa Seed Fund grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
– Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
– Application must be submitted in English.
– Applying as an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
– Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
– Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
– Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
– Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
– Computer science workshops and trainings for women and girls
– Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
– Programming and app development training programs
– Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls
July 1, 2015: Miss.Africa Fund Online Application opens
November 15, 2015: Miss.Africa Seed Fund Application Deadline (CLOSED)
February (End) / Early March 2016: Round One of Miss.Africa grants announced.