Senior Sales and Marketing Manager
August 6, 2021
Position Title: Senior Sales and Marketing Manager
Who we are
The DotConnectAfrica (DCA) group is a Pan-African organization that was formed with an objective to advance education in the digital economy in the African society. In connection with this objective, to also benefit the general African public access to Internet resources including assisting our stakeholders with their digital transformation and branding Africa on the Internet.
Post its inception, DCA has progressively adopted a very unique integrative model of Internet-centered digital products and services encompassing web related services, to include eCommerce, DNS businesses, mobile applications along with digital marketing services on an integrated digital social media platform of Internet of Things (IoTs) to service its clients and stakeholders.
We embrace a purpose-driven approach to meeting our overall objectives of sustaining our business through our CSR programs.
Through our Digital Academy, DCA sponsors and runs a Tech Booth Camp for Interns and a yearly competitive Seed-Fund Impact Award Program, to women-led organizations throughout Africa, to encourage the involvement of women and girls in STEM fields and tech leadership. Currently DCA has launched its highly acclaimed women-in-tech Seed-Fund impact program in 12 African countries.
Our Core Values
The opportunity of branding the African continent though empowering and enabling youth to be able to utilize the benefits of the internet.
We provide the tools and skills to foster leadership, entrepreneurships and also connecting youth and women to innovation highways
We believe that students will become productive citizens when challenged and mentored in leadership, entrepreneurship problem solving and critical thinking skills.
This is a unique opportunity to oversee the entire activities of the Sales and Marketing Division by Providing leadership expertise in providing efficient and focused business strategies so as to achieve the Group’s strategy, growth, and profit objectives. The Senior Sales and Marketing manager will be Responsible for business development activities via researching and developing marketing opportunities and implementation of sales and marketing plans and strategies. There will be a focus on the overall success of highly visible and prioritized efforts, and you will own and drive overall planning and project execution.
To fit in, you must believe in the power of technology, be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that transform and improve people’s lives through simple, straightforward digital tools and technology. You have to true everything back to the customer, ensuring you deliver on solving a need for the customer, in addition to delivering business value through a technically sound product.
- Being part of a dynamic team in which there is a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement, but also where having fun and teamwork is very important.
- It’s a fast-paced environment, a consultative role, where you will get to partner with people to achieve their strategic business goals.
- Steep learning curve: We are a small team so you are involved and exposed to all business matters across the board.
- Exposure to innovation: Working on new technologies and cutting-edge projects is exciting.
- You are part of driving socio-economic development in the country.
- Work in a value-led organization where we care for each other, our team and provide what you need to excel in your work.
- A flexible work environment with a remote working culture
Business and Product Development
- Oversee the entire activities of the Sales and Marketing Division through Strategy, Planning & Execution
- Promoting the company’s existing brands and introducing new products to the market.
- Secure and grow revenue within an agreed period by selling our digital products and solutions range to existing and new customers
- Prepare an annual sales and marketing strategy and budget, and continuously monitor and report on its achievements on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Analyzing budgets, preparing annual budget plans, scheduling expenditures, and ensuring that the sales team meets their quotas and goals.
- Maintaining relationships with important clients by making regular visits, understanding their needs, and anticipating new marketing opportunities.
- Oversee all customer inquiries and requests are appropriately responded to in a timely manner.
- Lead on customer satisfaction surveys and report to management to inform on implications/future sales strategies.
- Oversee all advertising, publicity and brand management by Implementing new sales plans and advertising.
- Researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, understanding consumer requirements, identifying market trends, and suggesting system improvements to achieve the company’s marketing goals.
- Coordinate feasibility studies on proposed products.
- Assess the business impact of different solutions and the trade-offs between customer needs, technology requirements and costs.
- Actively keeps track of business and technological trends seen in the market (through journals, tech. communities, etc.)
- Gathering, investigating, and summarizing market data and trends to draft reports
- Recruiting, training, scheduling, coaching, and managing marketing and sales teams to meet sales and marketing human resource objectives.
Project Oversight and Coordination
- Project planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation.
- Understand the overall project with its goals, workstreams and partners and develop a project plan and budget in collaboration with senior management.
- Track, drive and keep updated the work plan to ensure timely and effective implementation of all project activities and milestones as well as the successful achievement of proposed outcomes and intended impacts. Consider and manage dynamics and risks involved in the project and the implementation processes. Ensure all business guidelines and grant requirements are followed in implementation.
- Ensure smooth coordination of the internal project team made up of relevant DotConnectAfrica team members, making it easy for them to support this project despite having their own roles and goals in the business.
- Oversee project spending and track the budget in collaboration with the finance team.
- Ensure all project indicators are properly baselined and that evaluations are done as per the proposal and that any recommendations are promptly acted upon.
- Participate in and support the project and operational audits.
- Prioritize and work on both long and short-term projects
- Develop and manage clear project plans which result in the successful delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Identify blockers to project delivery and work with internal teams to find solutions to these blockers.
- Ensure stakeholders across teams and in a remote environment are aligned on the scope, timelines and goals of major cross-functional projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree Management, Business Administration, Economics or Marketing or a related field with five (5) years of demonstrated experience in sales and marketing.
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant areas such as general business management, private sector delivery of market-based technology services, sales, and marketing
- Experience in the design and implementation of successful sales and marketing projects and managing the support supervision structure of those project
- Experience coaching and training large sales force and developing people
- Experience in developing and selling IT/ digital solutions highly desirable;
- The capability of organizing, planning and running workshops with customer technical, business and managerial staff; Able to develop overall customer solutions and proposals
- Experience with data analysis for decision making and using data to guide projects and sales decisions
- Strong analytical skills with hands-on experience in conducting technological analyses of business problems developing technical roadmaps, story outlines, writing user stories, refining product backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance, make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable for their commitments.
- Good understanding of project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation processes.
- Creative thinker who understands consumer needs and can find unique ways to drive demand for existing/new products;
- A proactive, entrepreneurial and enjoy exploring new market and business opportunities
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for discovering consumer behavior, trends, and opportunities for innovation.
- Demonstrates managerial courage to resolve conflicts and has excellent diplomatic, open-mindedness, oral/written skills and presentation abilities;
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Problem Solver. tackle problems and approach work with innovation at the forefront of their mind.
Where to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae by (Date) to firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject: Senior Sales and Marketing Manager
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis.
DotConnectAfrica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status, or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.