DotAfrica.TV Features Internet Pioneer & Chief Executive of UK’s CentralNic Ben Crawford
December 17, 2014
CEO, Ben Crawford, considered on of early Internet Pioneer and recently named
to stop them from falling over the tax cliff”
- CentralNic (AIM:CNIC) is a global company who powers many groups – Hollywood Names, Global 1000, Serial Entrepreneurs, and partners with them on their technology, including the latest and most popular “next generation” Internet domain brand (.XYZ), which has selected CentralNic as its registry and marketing partner.
- CentralNic, which traces its origins back to 1995 but anticipates a rapid expansion thanks to the recent liberalization of its industry. It recently went public. and plans to raise £5m in an initial public offering that values it at more than £30m.
- CentralNic recently announced that the Group intends to invest US$1.5 million in a Company which is in a contention set to acquire a new generic Top-Level Domain (“gTLD”).
- CentralNic is also investing US$ 1.62 million in Accent Media Ltd (“Accent Media”), the successful applicant for the .tickets new Top-Level Domain (“TLD”). CentralNic’s investment will equate to around 12% equity stake in the share capital of Accent Media (£1 ordinary shares).
- Few days ago, Key Industry players also announced that they will be raising $100million to London AIM Exchange in partnership with CentralNic.
Most Recent News
- CentralNic Group wins hotly contested top level domain battle. CentralNic (LON:CNIC), has beaten off seven other companies to win the rights to the .DESIGN top level domain. CentralNic now has exclusive global distribution rights to all domain names ending in .DESIGN, and will share in the worldwide revenues from the subscription sales of all .DESIGN domain names.
CentraNic has applied for a slew of gTLDs during this application round at ICANN, and is “in the process of launching 28 New Domains and has many in contention” says Mr. Crowford, as well as “expects the driving force of the internet economy to come from the Developing countries and his company is keen to work with the respective countries such as Latin America, Asia and Africa”.
- In Africa, CentralNic has partnered with DCA Registry Services, Kenya in 2012“.africa” gTLDsaying: